So, to kick the series off after its little hiatus, we asked James Vorres over at cool London based label Sccucci Manucci to make a mix for us. Sccucci Manucci releases a lot of great music ranging from disco to deep house. Our mission description was just to do whatever he wanted, and James came back with a lovely deep mix that he had this to say about:
"Here’s a selection of tracks which have been making me smile, all chunky deep house cuts, with hats swinging like a married couple in the 1970’s. I think this mix is more a reflection of the sound I am putting out on the new label “Manucci’s Mistress”, a kind of raw, bass laden, bastard son of deep house. I hope you enjoy…"
I'm sure you'll do. Follow Sccucci Manucci on Soundcloud, Facebook and Twitter, and keep an eye on Manucci's Mistress on their Soundcloud and Facebook.
1. Hot Toddy - Mutha Sucka (Ron Basejam remix) [Smoke n Mirrors]
2. OOFT! - Arbitary [FOTO]
3. Whitesquare - Bob Nostril [Aenaria Music]
4. Milton Jackson - See The Light [Black Key]
5. Si Ke DJs - Break Down [Freche Fruchte]
6. Sek - These Dayz [Lost My Dog]
7. Jack Fell Down - Road To No Where [Manucci's Mistress]
8. Elef - Lazy Liz [Sccucci Manucci]
9. Kris Wadsworth - Fan Mail [Hypercolour]
10. Bicep - Don't (feat Omar Odyssey) [Aus]
11. Greymatter - Sweat (James Welsh remix) [Wolf Music]